Top 10 Things to do in Hollywood Beach Florida
The top 10 things to do in Hollywood Beach Florida which boasts of its beautiful seven miles of white sandy beaches, which has been designated a Blue Wave beaches by the Clean Beaches Council, a not-for-profit organization. Clean Beaches are devoted to securing America’s oceans and shores with its white sandy beaches and turquoise waters makes it easy to see why. As a result, Hollywood Florida’s beaches are among the most beautiful and attractive throughout all South Florida beaches. http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/
Top 10 Activities for Hollywood Beach Florida…
1. Cruise the Boardwalk Come and check out why Travel + Leisure named the Hollywood Boardwalk as one of America’s Best Beach Boardwalks. The Hollywood Beach Boardwalk is a 2.5-mile-long pedestrian promenade, bustles with joggers, skaters, bicyclists and with an antique appeal, and just 4 simple steps from the beach’s western edge. You can rent Jet Ski’s or do a cabana rentals with the soft ocean breeze with outfitters along the Broadwalk. Hint: Seaside coffee shops facing the ocean are an excellent people-watching spot.
2. Dining South Florida Style Numerous ocean front restaurants call Hollywood home, with everything from casual hamburgers, pizza and ice-cream to great dining facilities. A multicultural mix can be found along the Boardwalk, where choices range from American, Argentinean to Turkish foods. On the Intracoastal, dining options include fresh stone crabs from Billy’s Stone Crabs and authentic Greek food from Taverna Opa to the world-famous Le Tub, hailed by GQ publication and The Oprah Winfrey Show for its delicious juicy hamburgers.
3. Park It (Your Car that is) A 1.1-mile stretch of Hollywood’s inviting nature flanks 56-acre Hollywood North Beach Park, where picnic tables and grills are nestled among a pristine groves of sea grape trees. The park provides sweeping vistas of the beach and Intracoastal Waterway. Guy’s Best Friend is also allowed at Dog Beach in between Pershing and Custer Streets in North Hollywood. For the more daring ones, kayak rentals are readily available at Anne Kolb Nature Center. Fab50 asks that you please protect the sea oats by utilizing only the wooden staircases not cutting through the sea oats which holds the beach in place during storms and very high tides.
4. Let Your Little Ones Run Wild Charnow Park’s is a pint-sized climbing up wall and interactive splash fountain which are a big hit with the younger generation; shaded picnic structures enable parents to keep a watchful eye on the action and the kids.
5. Get a Healthy Snack Every Sunday, Josh’s Organic Garden opens onto the Boardwalk with an abundance of picnic-ready fruit and vegetables, nuts and dried fruit. The accompanying juice bar makes custom-made smoothie mixes so fresh they taste like the fruit fallen from a tree into the glass. You can discover the market at Harrison Street and the Boardwalk every Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
6. Explore a Coral Reef Local snorkelers gravitate toward the coral patches and sandy ledges offshore from Greene Street, three blocks north of Hollywood North Beach Park, to swim with the tropical undersea residents such as angel fish, sea turtles, parrotfish, grunts and sergeant majors.
7. Enjoy complimentary Entertainment The warm yellow 500-seat Hollywood Beach Theater hosts live music five nights a week and a variety of cultural efficiencies throughout the year. It’s just 25 steps from the sand to center stage. Bring your family or girlfriend while enjoying the beautiful South Florida ocean breeze.
8. Walk with the Sea Turtles March through October is sea turtle hatching season. 90% of sea turtles nesting takes place in the warm tropical waters of Florida. On Wednesday nights in July and August, accompany a biologist at the Anne Kolb Nature Center and John U. Lloyd State Park for a hatchling release. Participants will also learn about these fantastic animals and their struggle to survive when first released into the ocean.
9. Ride a Trolley or Cruise on a Water Taxi The Hollywood Trolley makes navigating Hollywood Beach a breeze. There are three paths that consist of North Beach, South Beach and Downtown Hollywood. The trolley runs every Wednesday through Sunday. Plus, it is only $1! You can also enjoy a leisurely cruise through South Florida’s waterway with The Water Taxi. The Water Taxi has 16 stops throughout South Florida including two spots in Hollywood, one at Crowne Plaza Hotel in South Hollywood and the other at Giorgio’s Bakery.
10. Invest the Night Without Leaving the Beach At Hollywood’s wide range of beachfront Superior Small Lodging alternatives– relaxing, first-class hotels with fewer than 50 spaces– ocean breezes and surf noises are consisted of in the rate. Or, if you choose, Hollywood Beach likewise has multiple full service hotels to fit your requirements. Find a spot to sleep within 125 steps of the sand. Fab50 recommends the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk area for both families and romantic evenings,
it’s a great get-away without having to get away.