What are the top 5 things I learned from traveling to the land of Pandora this week?
- You may think you are at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but once you cross the Discovery River you know you have entered a place unlike any other. As you continue walking along the paths of the overgrown bioluminescent rainforest, look up to see massive “floating mountains” that defy gravity, where nature comes alive, and mystical rivers flow; you know you have stumbled well into another world. Welcome to Pandora – The World of Avatar.
- Winged mountain banshee’s really do fly! And I rode one … three times! Soaring high above the Pandoran landscape on your own high-flying banshee, (where you can feel it breathing beneath you and all your senses comes alive), prepare for the ride of your life. This experience is an important rite of passage for the Na’vi and once taken, you will want to do it again and again on Avatar Flight of Passage.
- Looking for positive energy? Glowing plants? See actual Pandoran creatures? Travel down the sacred river on the Na’vi River Journey and immerse yourself into the midst of a musical Na’vi ceremony. The journey ends with an encounter with the breathtakingly realistic Na’vi Sharman of Songs who is truly connected with Pandora’s life force. The harmony and glowing scenery you encounter on this lyrical journey builds to a really beautiful crescendo.
- Panopyra, Vein Pod, Dapophet, Puffball Tree, Grinch Tree and Flaska Reclinta are all plants exclusive to Pandora. However you will also encounter other wonders of the land including creatures that in some cases you can interact with. In addition to the plants, the landscape is alive with both large and microscopic animals along with the very complicated calls they issue back and forth.
- Visit Pandora – The World of Avatar with an open mind and open heart so you can really experience something new. As you take in the flora and fauna of the daylight, make sure you return at sunset and get ready for a forest that comes alive with bioluminescence that will amaze even the best traveled. Experience this amazing new land and book your next Disney vacation at mydisneyexperience.com